You can easily record a range of jobs in Gatekeeper.
To add a new harvest job, from the Jobs module:
- Select the + New Job button
- In the ‘New Job’ form enter a job name
- Select the tick
In the new drawer that opens there are four sections.
In the Job Summary section (all actions optional):
- Select a Job Type
- For Express Plus or Advanced users only: select a Plan if required
- Select an Advisor
- Select a Target Date
- Add a Note
In the Fields section:
Please note that all fields selected within each job need to be harvesting the same product. If you want a individual yield data for each field, you will need to set up each field as a separate job.
- Click Select to open the field selector. All fields are listed alphabetically
- If required, filter the list by selecting the filter parameter and typing the filter you want to use – for example, select filter type ‘Crop type’ and enter the filter ‘Wheat’. The fields list will now show only fields with a crop of wheat
- Select fields required for the job or use the Select all button to select all visible fields.
- To remove any fields from the ‘Selected Fields’ list, click the deselect icon or use the Remove all button to deselect all fields
- To add the selected fields to the job click the tick
- Notes can be added to the field by clicking on it within the Fields form. A pop-up will appear where you can add notes or edit the target area
In the Activity & Equipment section:
- Select an Activity - for example Combining
- Select an Operator
- Select a piece of equipment
If you do not have the correct activity or piece of equipment already setup, you can shortcut to the appropriate setup section by clicking on the plus.
In the Products section:
For a harvest job the product will need to be selected from the type Produce i.e what is harvested and sold.
- Click Select to open the product selector. All products are listed alphabetically
- If required, filter the list by selecting the filter parameter and typing the filter you want to use – for example, select filter type ‘Produce’.
- Select products required for the job
- For each selected product, enter a rate/ha or total quantity
- To add the selected products to the Job click the tick
- Notes can be added to a product by clicking on it within the Products form. A pop up will appear where you can add notes or the rate and total quantity of the selected product.
If you do not have the correct product already setup, you can shortcut to the appropriate setup section by clicking on + New Product
The job is now complete with information. To come back to this job at a later date, you can close it and leave it as a ‘Draft’ job waiting to be carried out.
If you are ready to record yield data in the job, select Issue. The job will be moved from ‘Draft’ to ‘Issued’ status. If needed, you can print a worksheet to give to an operator - see 'Job worksheet' below.
If you have already completed the work in the job you can now record the work done and job observations – see ‘Adding work done to a job’ below.
Worksheets can be printed to give to an operator. Worksheets provide clear instructions but also give the operator a form that they can use to collect information such as actual quantity.
The information on the completed worksheet can then be used to record the actual yield data in Gatekeeper.
Creating a worksheet
If a worksheet is needed, select the PDF Create Worksheet icon located in the top right hand corner of the job.
Adding work done to a job
The status of a job will remain as ‘Issued’ until at least one field has completed job area and date entered.
If one or more fields are completed, then the job status will be ‘In Progress’.
To record the work done for a job, from the Jobs module:
- Select the job from either the ‘Issued’ or ‘In Progress’ status columns
- Click in the ‘Time and Observations’ section and in the form that opens enter the information as required. Actual area and completed date are compulsory fields
- To enter data for the next field, tick ‘Go to next field’
- Click the tick to save/continue
- If required, the total product may be adjusted from the original planned amount by opening the ‘Products’ section
- Once all job details have been entered, select the Complete Job button located in the bottom right hand corner of the form
You will be taken back to the jobs form and the job will now be categorised as ‘Done’.
Gross margin reports