View in Help Centre
Jobs allow you to plan and record work for your fields. This can be done before the work is carried out and assigned to an operator, or added once the work has been completed.
Depending on your Gatekeeper version, you may be able to group a number of jobs into a plan, for example to organise jobs of a similar type.
There are a number of stages in creating a job and following it through to completion. As you move through these stages, the job status changes.
The jobs module is accessed by clicking the Jobs icon from the sidebar.
In the Jobs module, you can clearly see the status of each job. Jobs are arranged in status columns as follows:
- Draft – planning the job
- Issued – the job has been created and is waiting to be carried out
- In Progress – some fields in the job have been completed, others are waiting to be completed, for example due to weather conditions or waiting on stock to arrive
- Done – all fields in the job have been completed
Adding a new job
To add a new job, from the Jobs module:
- Select the + New Job button
- In the ‘New Job’ form enter a job name - for example, Wheat T1s
- Select the tick
In the new drawer that opens there are four sections.
In the Job Summary section (all actions optional):
- Select a Job Type
- For Express Plus or Advanced users only: select a Plan if required
- Select an Advisor
- Select a Target Date
- Add a Note
In the Fields section:
- Click Select to open the field selector. All fields are listed alphabetically
- If required, filter the list by selecting the filter parameter and typing the filter you want to use – for example, select filter type ‘Crop type’ and enter the filter ‘Wheat’. The fields list will now show only fields with a crop of wheat
- Select fields required for the job or use the Select all button to select all visible fields
- To remove any fields from the ‘Selected Fields’ list, click the deselect icon or use the Remove all button to deselect all fields
- To add the selected fields to the Job click the tick
- Notes can be added to the field by clicking on it within the Fields form. A pop-up will appear where you can add notes or edit the target area
In the Activity & Equipment section:
- Select an Activity
- Select an Operator
- If the activity type selected was a spraying type, in the settings section:
a. Enter a Water Rate
b. Select a Nozzle Rating
c. Select a Spray Quality
- Select a piece of equipment
If you do not have the correct activity or piece of equipment already setup, you can shortcut to the appropriate setup section by clicking on the plus.
In the Products section:
- Click Select to open the product selector. All products are listed alphabetically
- If required, filter the list by selecting the filter parameter and typing the filter you want to use – for example, select filter type ‘Fungicide’. The list will now only show fungicide products
- Select products required for the job
- For each selected product, enter a rate/ha or total quantity to use
- To add the selected products to the Job click the tick
- Notes can be added to a product by clicking on it within the Products form. A pop up will appear where you can add notes or the rate and total quantity of the selected product.
If you do not have the correct product already setup, you can shortcut to the appropriate setup section by clicking on + Add New Product
The job is now complete with information. To come back to this job at a later date, you can close it and leave it as a ‘Draft’ job waiting to be carried out.
If you are ready to carry out the work in the job, select Ready. The job will be moved from ‘Draft’ to 'Issued’ status. You can now print a worksheet to give to an operator - see ‘Job worksheet’ below.
If you have already completed the work in the job you can now record the work done and job observations – see ‘Adding work done to a job’ below.
Worksheets can be printed to give to an operator. Worksheets provide clear instructions but also give the operator a form that they can use to collect information including:
- Total amount of product used
- Date and time of application
- Observed weather conditions
The information on the completed worksheet can then be used to record the actual work done in Gatekeeper.
Creating a worksheet
If a worksheet is needed, select the PDF Create Worksheet icon located in the top right hand corner of the job.
A message will appear asking if you would like to view the PDF and it will open in a new browser tab.
Adding work done to a job
The status of a job will remain as ‘Issued’ until at least one field has completed job area and date entered.
If one or more fields are completed, then the job status will be ‘In Progress’.
To record the work done for a job, from the Jobs module:
- Select the job from either the ‘Issued’ or ‘In Progress’ status columns
- Click in the ‘Time and Observations’ section and in the form that opens enter the information as required. Actual area and completed date are compulsory fields
- To enter data for the next field, tick ‘Go to next field’
- Click the tick to save/continue
- If required, HSE checklist information can be recording by clicking into the ‘HSE Checklist’ section and ticking boxes as required
- If required, the total product may be adjusted from the original planned amount by opening the ‘Products’ section
- Once all job details have been entered, select the Complete Job button located in the bottom right hand corner of the form
You will be taken back to the jobs form and the job will now be categorised as ‘Done’.
Once a job has been completed, it is possible to edit time and observations fields, water rate and equipment used, and total product used. This is done by selecting the job from the Jobs module.
To delete a job
Job records may be deleted at any stage.
From the Jobs module:
- Identify the job to remove
- Click the delete icon, located on the right hand side of the page
- A warning message will appear asking if you are sure that you want to delete the Job - select Delete to confirm.
It is not possible to reinstate a job that has been incorrectly deleted.